Originally developed for the military, Thermo-Man® is a life-size manikin burn simulation and thermal tested system.
By attending this free seminar, you will receive an insight into the following themes:
- An introduction to DuPont and Nomex® fibre solutions
- Assessing and managing your electric arc risk
- Choosing the right protective garments
- Live Thermo-Man® demonstrations
During the seminar you will have the opportunity to see the burns of Nomex® flame resistant garments on Thermo-Man®.
Originally designed for the military, Thermo-Man® can easily be used within the following industries;
- Emergency Response
Both these seminars will be hosted at HFR Solutions CIC purpose-built training centre - at Fireservice Headquarters, Summergroves Way, Nr Hull, HU4 7BB
Tuesday 4th October (Both AM & PM slots)
Wednesday 5th October (Both AM & PM slots)
Book your place today
First-come, first serve - book your experience to see Thermo-Man® now.
To learn more about the event and register please go to: http://protectiontechnologies.dupont.com/LP=2891
For more than 40 years DuPont™ has developed technologies and lightweight, durable and comfortable products that significantly reduce the risk of burns in extreme conditions.
DuPont™ Nomex® provides:
- MULTI-HAZARD PROTECTION: With DuPont™ Nomex® technology usage millions of wearers, preserved from flames and intense heat, can safely protect what matters most. It is a flame-resistant, high-temperature resistant meta-aramid fibre that doesn’t melt and drip. It minimizes burn injury and applies where exceptional and reliable protection is required.
- SAFETY & PROVEN COMFORT During DuPont™ Thermo-Man® tests, Nomex® garments demonstrated less 2nd and 3rd degree body burns than other flame-retardant-treated cotton garments after and exposure of four seconds.* It delivers an innovative combination of high mechanical strength, fabric flexibility and breathability to ensure extreme protection and wear comfort same time.
- LASTING PERFORMANCE & DURABILITY Nomex® is inherently flame and high temperature resistant. It’s not treated with flame-retardant substances. It maintains dimensional stability, appearance and protective performance. At only 150-265 g/m2, it’s much lighter than other flame retardant materials.
HFR Solutions CIC:
- HFR Solutions CIC is a Community Interest Company, which was established in 2012 to take the skills, knowledge and expertise of Humberside Fire & Rescue (HFRS) to assist the commercial sector, enabling our business partners and community to operate in a safer manner, every single day
- We are a leading provider of full service risk prevention, emergency response, safety intervention services as well as the delivery of risk assessments and bespoke safety training based in the Humber region
- Our service provision includes the delivery of emergency response planning, contingency planning, on-site safety teams, risk assessment, safety interventions, workplace safety training & behavioural safety training
- HFR Solutions CIC is an ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO18001 accredited business
- We are accredited to deliver GWO/RUK, QCF & IOSH accredited training courses
- Our accredited bespoke safety training courses are delivered from multiple purpose-built venues based throughout the Humber, Yorkshire & Lincolnshire regions.
- As a community Interest Company - all surplus are reinvested into HFR Solutions CIC, or safety initiatives through Humberside Fire & Rescue or the local community
Safety is Our Business
- Arco's mission is to keep people safe at work. Our fourth generation, family owned business is committed to delivering that mission through our core values. Our values are more than just statements; they define our reasons for being in business and what it means to be part of our extensive Arco family.
- By investing in our own people we are able to offer expert advice and support to our customers. Since 2008 we have trained over 150 Arco staff in a range of professional health and safety qualifications, including IOSH and NEBOSH certification. We will continue to provide training to our teams so they can offer practical support and sensible advice.
- Together with our training and consultancy division, Arco Training and Consultancy, we offer the most comprehensive health and safety services available. Our team of highly qualified experts work in partnership with you to offer practical, hassle-free services to ensure that your work place is safe and compliant.
- As market leaders we offer the widest range of PPE in the UK. Our National Distribution