Date of Next Course: Upon Request
Venue: Humberside Airport, Kirmington, North East Lincolnshire
Duration: One Day
Awarding Body: IOSH
Supporting your organisation achieve greater productivity and fewer hours lost due to sickness & accidents
IOSH Working Safely is an accredited one-day course for people at any level, in any sector, requiring a good grounding in the importance of health and safety within the workplace.
It focuses on why health and safety is important, and how you can make a real difference to the wellbeing of yourself and others through changing your behaviour.
It will cover all the basics of health, safety and environmental in a single programme and provides your delegates with the knowledge and tools to tackle health and safety issues, they are responsible for, whether it be in the workplace, onsite or offsite and focuses on best practice rather than legislation.
- Introducing working safely
- This module stresses the realities of the human suffering behind the statistics and emphasises the importance of personal responsibility.
- Defining hazard and risk
- This module puts ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ into everyday language and uses familiar examples to show what can happen. Importantly, it makes it clear that even something very simple or repeated over and over again can go wrong, with serious consequences.
- Identifying common hazards
- All the main issues are covered in this module – entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise and the working environment, slips, trips and falls, and manual handling.
- Improving safety performance
- This module deals with systems and processes, making sure that any jargon is explained in easily understood terms. The session bridges the gap between management and workforce, encouraging delegates to play a part in processes that are commonly seen as just down to their manager or supervisor.
Learn from the risk prevention experts at HFR Solutions CIC, who have assessed and managed risk on behalf of various organisations as part of our daily roles. It provides a completely different approach to safety and health training and is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH), one of Europe's leading health and safety awarding bodies.
The Institution of Occupational Health (IOSH) is the Chartered body for health and safety professionals and the world's largest professional health and safety membership organisation. IOSH is committed to creating a world of work which is healthy, safe and responsible and their accredited training courses are widely accepted as an avenue that provides essential details, tools, resource and skills.
HFR Solutions CIC is an IOSH accredited training provider of the IOSH Working Safely and Managing Safely training courses.
- Expertise - we are borne out of Humberside Fire & Rescue Service (HFRS) and use their resources, skills and knowledge, so fully understand risk prevention
- Qualified and experienced trainers - many HFR Solutions CIC trainers hold vast experience in risk identification and undertaking risk assessments
- Greater awareness - of company-wide safety measures
- Greater productivity - fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents through improved hazard spotting
- Your customers - enhanced reputation with your supply chain
- Peace of mind for you – we have successfully delivered numerous IOSH accredited courses and course content is controlled by the IOSH organisation
- Safe systems of work - we help to implement HFRS processes for your business, staff and business partners
- Recognised qualification - internationally recognised and respected certification
- ISO accredited business - ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO 18001
- Company Interest Company - all surplus profits are reinvested into HFR Solutions CIC, or safety initiatives through Humberside Fire & Rescue or the local community
- Purpose-built training facilities - providing ideal environments for both practical and theory-based learning
For delegates attending the IOSH Working Safely training course delivered by HFR Solutions CIC will benefit from the following learner outcomes;
- Upskilled employees and contractors - confidently able to identify risk
Increased capabilities – for employees and any other members of staff, who undertake risk assessments in your workplace
- Increased confidence - your delegates will be trained in best practice processes for identifying risk and undertaking risk assessments within your workplace
- Recognised industry qualification - IOSH is a recognised health and safety qualification
- Investment in your employees and business - risk identification can help to mitigate future costs to your business
- Progression - delegates successfully completing the IOSH course can progress onto NEBOSH accredited health and safety training courses
- Able to apply best practice procedures - to real-life workplace risks and hazard scenarios
If you hold a health and safety related-role within your business, you may find these additional resources useful;
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA)
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (1995) – RIDDOR
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations (MHOR) 1992 and revised version March 2004
- Management of Health & Safety at Work regulations 1992
Related Health & Safety Legislation Links
To be updated